Working closely with our key supplier Dryden Aqua to revolutionise water and wastewater filtration to improve efficiencies and reduce energy costs. Utilising the innovative technology of AFM to offer clients an advanced solution to increasing throughput which reduces energy consumption across their treatment network.
What is AFM®?
AFM® Activated Filter Media is a direct replacement for sand, doubling the performance of sand filters without the need of additional investments in infrastructure. AFM® resists biofouling, biocoagulation and transient wormhole channelling of unfiltered water and outlasts all other filter media.
AFM® is a highly engineered product manufactured from a specific glass type, processed to obtain the optimum particle size and shape.
It is then exposed to a 3-step activation process to become selfsterilising and to acquire superior adsorption properties. During activation, the structure and the chemistry of the glass are modified.
AFM® benefits include:
● more than doubles the performance of an existing filtration system
● is not subject to biodynamic instability and will never allow untreated water to pass
● substantially lowers chlorine oxidation demand
● lowers backwash water demand by an average of 50%
● is expected to last for the life of the filtration system
● provides quick return on investmentContact Our Team
Pac / Case Studies
We carry out a wide range of specialist work across all sectors.
If you would like to see just what we can do, then check out our case studies.See More
Our client required new stand-alone control systems and associated hardware to control two small effluent to sewer flow control systems that would operate to site-specific parameters.